Trent Severn Antique & Classic Boat Association
Schedule of Events
Welcome members to the 2019 boating season. Next event on the list is Wayne's World on May 25. We have a list of events for the year listed here so you can see what is coming up. Hopefully when we meet at Wayne's the ice will be gone in the lakes and our backyards.
See you soon, Murray Parnell
Mark the events you want to attend and be sure to sign up. As our list is confirmed more information will be posted on this web page as well as lots of information you may need about an event well ahead of it taking place.
May 25 Wayne’s World Annual Spring Workshop, Port Perry
The ice is out of the lakes in the Kawarthas and the next step is the Spring gathering at Wayne's World. This year we are going a little different direction to help promote the members to participate. We are doing a show and tell of member boats and motors that they have been working on. These can be done, partially done, or ready to be started. We have many interesting boats in the club that dont get to be seen so now is the chance to be seen and appreciated. We would like if anyone that has problems or questions on a project to ask the group and we can as a group steer you in the proper direction.
Ken Kirk and his group will be organizing a flea market bigger than ever and we will also have room for some boats for sale. OPBRA will also have a race boat or two on display and can answer any questions. Wayne and Ken have been adding to their amazing collections upstairs and downstairs for us to admire. Wayne and his volunteers will have the Tuscan Chef Wood Fired Pizza Oven fired up for those amazing pizzas.
Location is 17251 Island Road, Port Perry. Registration is $15 per person to cover morning coffee and donuts, noon pizza and drinks. Schedule for the day is as follows:
Coffee and donuts at 9:30 a.m.
Welcome and updates at 10:00 a.m.
Any talks or questions to follow. We will tour the boats on display giving a brief story on them and answer any questions. Once the chefs and the ovens are ready around noon we will have lunch. This format will give us lots of time to take in all displays, talk to many great members, and bring home some new treasures!
To register contact Murray Parnell or call 705-745-3566. You can also make a cheque out to TSACBA and send to 306 Gifford Drive, Ennismore, ON K0L 1T0. YOU MUST Register and pay by May 21, 2019. To Register for the flea market contact .
Anyone bringing a boat or who is interested in helping with this event contact Murray by email or phone as noted above.
- June 15 Marine Railway and Gloucester Pool Run
- July 6 ACBS Toronto Chapter Annual Boat Show, Gravenhurst
- July 13-14 Ontario Power Boat Racing Association Races Boat Race and TSACBA Classic Boat display, North Bay - See poster below.
- July 20 Newcastle Annual Wooden Boat Festival
- July 20 Sandy Kennedy Museum Open House and Swap Meet, Gloucester Pool on the Trent Severn Waterway, 84 Old Oak Lane Port Severn, Ontario (approx 30 minutes North of Barrie). This event is brought to you by the "big four" including the Maple Leaf Antique Outboard Club, ACBS Toronto Chapter, TSACBA, and the Ontario Power Boat Racing Association. More details to follow!
- July 27 Antique Outboard Motorboat Club International (AOMCI) Upper Niagara Boat Run
- Aug 10–11 Ontario Power Boat Racing Association Races at Gravenhurst with a Classic Glass and outboard motor display by TSACBA and the Maple Leaf Antique Outboard Club - See poster below.
- August 24 Chemong Lake Run at the Philpotts, Ennismore
- Sept 14-15 Ontario Power Boat Racing Association Races Peterborough with a TSACBA classic boat and motor display - See poster below.
- November 23 Annual Christmas Dinner and Annual General Meeting 1 to 4:30 p.m., Chemong Lodge, Peterborough
Once again The Ontario Power Boat Race Association have welcomed us with open arms to display our boats and motors at three races this year:
We are looking for boats for these events and they dont need to be race boats. People love to see all kinds of different antique and classic models of wood, aluminum and classic glass from the 50s to the 80s. If you have any questions or are interested in showing your boat at any of these events you can contact .